We are informing you of the changes to BDCPS services following the recent Covid -19 outbreak and recommendations from the government. We have developed a COVID 19 policy and we highly recommend that all parents, carers and staff & volunteers read it carefully.
The key points from government include:
- Everyone in the UK is now being advised to avoid “non-essential” contact with others and “unnecessary” travel
- People are being asked to work from home where they possibly can and avoid pubs, clubs, theatres and social venues
- People are being advised to stay at home for 14 days if they, or anyone in their household, has either a high temperature or a new and continuous cough
- Those in at-risk groups will be asked to be largely shielded from social contact for 12 weeks
- The UK is to scale up Coronavirus testing in the coming weeks
- Mass gatherings will no longer be provided with emergency workers
Our number one priority is the health and safety of our children and young people and because many fall in the at-risk group we feel it is in everyone’s best interests to cancel all our clubs, play schemes and parent carer activities for the recommended time of 12 weeks, which takes us to mid June. We will be constantly reviewing and following government guidelines and further decisions will be made once this period of time is over. We will of course keep you fully updated on this throughout. We will continue to support parent carers in these difficult times in the best ways that we can. We regret that we will be unable to provide any care as this has health implications to you, your families and to our staff.
Instead we have a very keen team of staff and volunteers who have offered their support in terms of shopping, collecting prescriptions and medication, taking post to the post office, walking dogs or a simple chat via a telephone call. If any parent carer finds themselves unable to leave the house through self-isolation or any other reason we are here to help. Please drop us an email or call us on 01234 351759 to request help.
We will be continuing to work from home and will continue to be there for all of you as much you need us, to try and keep spirits high in the months ahead. Our office telephone number is on a divert so we will get your calls and voicemails you leave. We know it will be a scary time for many, so we want to reassure everyone that we are there for you.
We would also like to reiterate that any payments already made by service users for schemes and clubs will be automatically added as a credit to your account. If you would prefer a refund, this is absolutely fine just please get in touch.
We will continue to update you as things unfold but please continue to stay healthy, safe and well.
With all our love